Today I got a glimpse of how my life is going to be when my little Emma is a teenager.
She has just picked up on the no word and I am hatting it. When I was cleaning up her toys this morning in her room she yells (with attitude), "No mom no".
Then throughout the day when I ask her to do something like pick up her sippy cup or pick up her toys, or it is time for nap, etc. she says, "No mom no". Oh I almost forgot she points her index finger at me while saying it.
I can only blame my self because that is exactly what I do (point my index finger and tell her no). Wish me luck with this spicy 20 month old. I am going to need it.
7 years ago




2 comments:
Something that I learned very early with my kids is that you do not phrase things as a question. When it is time to pick up toys don't tell her in a way that sounds like you are asking for her permission. Instead tell her that it is time to pick up her toys and if she says no let her know that it is not an option. When my kids would tell me no to something I would tell them it is not a yes or no question. I know Emma is only twenty months old, but you might be suprised at how quickly they learn their limits.
It is so fun to see what you do when your two year-old does it back to you. Let me just say that my vocabulary has changed substantially because "stupid" sounds really awful coming out of such a little body.
Post a Comment