Dustin has been extremely busy the past few days. He is over the junior class officers this year and Jr. Prom is tonight. They had an assembly on Thursday so they have had a couple of practices this week and then they had to set up for the Prom last night. In between all that he has had other school assignments early in the morning and late into the evening. Last night he rushed home from setting up for Prom at 6:00pm to take me out. We went to a mystery dinner party. Our sister-in-law Jan and a lady in her ward put it all together (thanks so much Jan).
I was so stressed about leaving my sick girls. My mom was going to tend Mya and we had arranged a babysitter for Emma. My mom said her and my dad would come over and tend both girls so we didn't have to take them out in the cold. I told her I felt like a horrible mother because my kids are so sick and I am leaving to have fun. She insisted I go. What an awesome mom she is. I called and cancelled my babysitter and had my awesome/free parents come over. The party was soooooo fun. The setting was a wedding reception. Dustin was suppose to be a doctor (great-great grandfather of the groom) and he invented a time machine. I was suppose to be a women in WWII era. I was dumped by the groom when he met a new women (the bride).

There were lots of characters and detectives to figure out what happened.
This is Dustin's brother and his wife.

This is Dustin's brother. His wife Jan is the one who hosted the party.

This is Dustin's brother and his girlfriend

This was Dustin acting out his part



I won't tell you all about it in case you ever get to go to one. We had dinner, dessert, and wedding cake. It was a blast and so fun to get out.
Today my brother Kyle and his little girl came to St. George to visit. My sister Karrie and her family also came today. We have been at my mom's all day. Dustin, my brother, and my dad went golfing. My sister and her husband went to the Parade of Homes. And my mom and I watched all the kids. After golfing Dustin went home to change and go to Jr. Prom. He took tickets, was a chaperon, and then has to clean up after the dance. I am home with my sick girls doing laundry. What a romantic Valentines Day. I really can't complain because I got to go out last night. Hope everyone had a great Valentine's Day.




3 comments:
You poor thing and your poor girls. I hate it when little ones are sick. It has got be the worse thing ever because they can't tell you how bad they feel or where it hurts. I hope that they get well soon.
Sounds like you had some fun. I didn't know the family was invited...well, most of the family ;)
Sounds like you guys had lots of fun! And it was too bad we didn't get to spend more time with you when we were there. And I'm sorry that my kids probably got your kids sick in December... Max was also sick for a month and a half, then he got better, and then just barely got sick again, and they found ear infections in both ears... so he's on antibiotics, and seems to be getting better.... So, I'm sorry! It always stinks when your kids are sick!
Post a Comment