Wednesday, June 3, 2009

May 28 - The month of May

This is my 10th attempt at posting this. I think I am finally done. Here is what has been happening in our life.

May 8th-We had our annual ward Cinco de Mayo Party. It was fun to sit and talk, enjoy great food, and watch the kids hit the Pinata. After the party we went to my parents house and Dustin got down everything out of my parents attic. My mom and I planned a garage sale for the 3rd Saturday in May and she needed things from up in the attic to sale.
May 9th-My mom and I spent all day going through items for the garage sale. After that I came home I got Emma ready for her babysitter to come over. I found the most AMAZING babysitter (except my nieces of course) in the whole world and I hope no one in my ward figures her out. Anyway back to Saturday night. I bought Dustin tickets to see Brian Regan perform at Tuacahan for Christmas.If you don't know Brian Regan I am sorry you are missing out. He is a very clean comedian. He and his opening actdid a fantastic job. We had incredible seats, 2nd row in the center.
After the show we went and picked up Mya from my parents (I'm just not ready to leave her with a 12 year old) and went to Denny's with a couple of Dustin's siblings and their spouses that also gone to Brian Regan. Emma and Mya both did awesome while we were gone and that was so nice. This is the first time we have left both of them.
After I took our babysitter home I had to run to the store to get some last minute things for Sunday dinner. I had asked my parents to come over for dinner and celebrate Mothers Day. I finally got to bed at 1:30am.
May 9th-Sunday morning was crazy as always. I was rushing to get me and the girls to church by 9:00am. Dustin left early for choir practice.
As we were walking into the house after church Dustin stopped me and said, "I have a confession". I said, "What you didn't go to Priesthood". He said, "Actually I didn't". I was totally throwing that one out there not really having a clue. He had come home folded some laundry I didn't get to on Saturday, straightened up the bathroom, started some laundry, and just made the house look great. I was so happy. I do ALL the housework, laundry, and cooking at our house. He works so hard that I don't let him do any of that stuff. So it was so sweet of him. Then we put the girls down for a nap and I started dinner.
We had a great dinner with my parents and I gave my mom a certificate for a pedicure. She was so excited.
Later we went over to see mom Gough. It was fun to hang out with the whole family. We finished out the night by going to my parents house so Dustin could give my dad a blessing. He was scheduled for an angiogram at 8:30am the next morning.
Dusting gave one of the most special blessing I have ever heard. He started the blessing and then paused. I thought he was crying because it took him about a minute before he said anything. But as he started to talk I realized he had paused to listen to what Heavenly Father wanted him to say. He said some amazing and I mean amazing things that I know came straight from above. What a stud I married.
May 10th-I got up early to get the girls ready so I could meet my parents at the hospital. This is when they say, "When it rains, it pours".
I got Mya dressed and fed. I laid her on the floor to play with toys while I got Emma dressed. I went to get Mya and noticed something on the carpet. She had blown and I mean blown out of her diaper. I just wanted to cry. I got her in the tub and dressed again. I was running late by this point and didn't want to worry about cleaning carpets. But of course I knew that wasn't going to work for me and I would stress about it all day, so I took the time to clean it right. I got the girls in the car and then realized I couldn't find my cell phone. I searched for 15 minutes and I was getting more frustrated by the minute. Finally I decided it must be at my parents from the night before.
I took Emma over to Grandma Gough's (thank you a million times over mom for watching her ALL day for me). I finally got to the hospital at 9:30am and was relieved that my dad hadn't been taken back yet. I didn't want my mom to sit by herself. So for an hour we sat around with my dad talking and laughing. At 10:30am the transporters (that's really what they are called) came to take my dad back. This is where I felt like I was in a movie. As they are wheeling him away they stopped and he reached for my mom's hand. She kissed him on the forehead, and he told her he loves her. Then he turned and grabbed my hand and said, "Love you babe". He is the most amazing dad in the world. I just wanted to bust into tears because there is always questions that run through my mind. What will they find when they get in there? Is it fixable? Will he come out of this okay? Will there be a complication and he won't come out of it at all? I am sure he is thinking the same thing so I shouldn't be complaining.
My dad had been gone for about 30 minutes when they came and got my mom and I and said that my dad had a 70%-80% blocked artery and they were going to put a stent in. The doctor told us that it was on the right side of his heart which is the opposite side of his triple bypass. Good and bad. Good meaning that the bypass side is holding up after 5 years, bad that other arteries are closing.
So long story short he got a stent put in, he spent the night at the hospital for observation, and he is home recovering. So far he really hasn't felt any better which is our new worry.
May 15-The Snow Canyon soccer team played their second playoff game and lost. It was really sad because the referee made a bad call which cause SC to lose the game. It was hard for the team and parents since the team really had another shot at winning. After the game I took Dustin to dinner to keep his mind off it. We stayed up late making signs for our garage sale the next morning.
May 16-I wanted to cry when my alarm went off WAY TOO EARLY FOR ME). We ran and set everything up in my parents driveway and then Dustin and I put up the signs advertising our sale. We sold almost everything. It was great.
May 18-22-This week was full of school activities. The last day of school was Friday and I was so happy when Dustin got home after graduation.
May 22-25-Dustin's family reunion. It was so fun to see all of his extended family. I received a call on Thursday (8/21) letting me know we had a death in our ward. I am on Compassionate Service so I organized all the food and was at the church most of the day preparing, serving, and cleaning. I missed some of the reunion but what could I do.
May 25-We had the final breakfast of the family reunion and said goodbye to the family. Dustin and I then ran a few errands, took some decorations to Dustin's grandpa's grave and nephews grave, and last but not least took a nap. I still haven't caught up on my sleep. I REALLY, REALLY, REALLY need some energy.

No comments: