We had pizza for dinner, put the girls in the tub, and dyed eggs. Emma was so funny to watch. I bought the little kit which had everything in it. They had little egg wraps which were so fun. We used the blow dryer to shrink the material to the egg.



Emma kept wanting to grab the eggs out of the dye. She was loving it.
Finish product-Don't worry we won't be entering in any contest anytime soon.
On Sunday we had a fun but busy day. When we got up for church Dustin informed me that he was singing in the choir, so he left at 8:00am. The girls and I got ready and were actually on time. When I sat down Dustin said the choir had the entire Sacrament Meeting program so he had to sit on the stand. I nearly lost it (I am sure there are some of you that are thinking wimp). We did pretty well for the first 20 minutes but then Emma spotted the light switch on the wall next to our bench and she was all over that. I grabbed her in one arm before she turned the lights off and Mya in the other and headed for the hall. Needless to say I didn't get anything out of the meeting.
After church we had lunch and put the girls down for a nap. While they were asleep we filled eggs for the Gough little kid Easter egg hunt, put together our girls baskets, and the Easter Bunny assembled Emma's new bike. We had to wake Emma up so we could show her what she got from the Easter Bunny and head to my parents for dinner. She was so cute. She is still a little short and can't quit reach the pedals.
Emma checking out her Easter bucket
Mya with her new toy
Emma trying out her new bike
We had a wonderful dinner. My mom cooked a turkey on Saturday and got the meat off for sandwiches for Sunday. It was great.
Fun at Grammy and Papa Holden's house
After dinner we went to the Gough's. We had the little kid Easter egg hunt and Emma loved it.
Emma's first egg
Mya watching the kids find eggs
If eyes could talk they would say, "These are my eggs Uncle Chad"
Looking for eggs with all the cousins

Emma showing Mya what she found


Emma checking out what she got with her cousin Tanner

All the Gough grandkids

After the little kids found their eggs the adult girls hid hard boiled eggs for the big boys. We started this last year and laughed until we were sick. It is a very competitive event.




After the big boy egg hunt we sat around the yard talking. About a 1/2 hour later, 2 of Dustin's brothers came out of the house with swords they had made. The boys played this hilarious game they made up. If a sword hits your arms then you have to pretend your arms are cut off. Same goes for legs. If the sword hits you in the back or the chest then you are dead.
This video doesn't do justice but I hope it gives you an idea of how funny they were.
After watching the guys for awhile the girls took a turn at the game. I was laughing so hard I stunk.
Then we had cake that Dustin's mom made. It was sooooo cute.

After all the festivities we came home did our bedtime routine and crashed.




No comments:
Post a Comment