Wednesday, June 3, 2009

May 2 - 6 years today

As weird as it may sound I have been thinking a lot about this lately for some reason. 6 years ago today Dustin and I got engaged. Of course it is one of the best 5days of my life.
We started the day out by driving to Salt Lake for my brothers wedding. While we were driving Dustin kept asking me if I had been to random places in Provo/Salt Lake area. He named places like Mount Timanogos and Bridal Veil Falls. I told him I had. I started naming places too and asking if he had been there. I asked about Ensign Peak which is one of my favorite places.


He said he had never been there. I told him we would have to go some time.
Our first stop was in Sandy to watch a soccer game that Jared (Dustin's brother) was coaching. While we were there Dustin went with his sister-in-law Jan to the car to get blankets. Jan gave Dustin the ring.
A few weeks earlier Dustin had talked to his brother Dan (who was the only sibling married at the time) about rings and where to go. Dan told him he had a good place to go in Provo and he and his wife would go get a ring and Dustin could pay them back. Dustin described to them what I liked and they got it for him (thanks Jan for picking out exactly what I liked).
We left the soccer game a little while later and headed to my brother Shad's wedding rehearsal dinner. My whole family was there and we were having a great time. I went to the bathroom with one of my nieces and while I was gone Dustin pulled the ring box out. My family went crazy. He told them he was going to propose that night. After I got back from the bathroom everyone was acting a little funny. My dad kept saying to Dustin and I that we needed to get out of there and go have a fun. Well after everyone was done we all started leaving. Everyone just seemed so funny. They said things like, "Call us later" and "Come play games at our house later". I started getting suspicious.
Dustin and I got in the car and he said, "Well what should we do? Do you want to go to Ensign Peak now"?
So we headed up there and hiked to the 1/2 mark. We sat there overlooking the Salt Lake valley and talking.

A few minutes later Dustin got down on one knee and my heart started pounding. He asked me to marry him. I said, "I love you, I love you, I love you". He said, "I love you too but what is your answer". I told him, "Oh sorry, YES!"
It was such a fun night and I will always cherish what a special husband I got. He is Mr. Incredible.

No comments: