The summer started out with my mother-in-laws side having a family reunion. That went from May 22-25th. It was a fun filled weekend.
Last week we went to Pine Valley for a picnic. The women (except Kathy) in the Gough family took the kids up. Dustin was the only guy (poor thing). Jan and Catherine went to look for camp sites and Cynthia and I watched the kids. Here is a picture of me sugaring them up (keeping them away from the river).

L to R: Max, Gavin, Tanner, Nick, Brandon, Elora, Trevor, Emma, Ethan, Mya
Missing from the picture was Jaci (went with Jan) and Ella (was with Rachel playing cards).

The next day we went to a Scout camp near Brian Head to visit Dan and Jan while they poured cement for their stake service project. When got to Paragonah the rain started pouring but that didn't stop us. As we climbed the dirt road we started slidding a little (in 4-wheel drive). I of course was in a panic but Dustin had it under control. We didn't stay long because I was totally unprepared for 47 degree weather. My poor children only had a jacket. No socks and just a few little blankets. I was afraid to leave because I was afraid we would slide in the mud and not be able to stop, but it really wasn't bad. Dustin was a good driver. He had some dinner is Cedar City. It was fun just to drive with my little family and spend time with them.
We have done the water park a few times. We go late at night to this amazing park I like to call the river walk. It is a little river that the kids love to walk up and down. At night it is very quiet. People start leaving about 7:45pm and then we have the whole thing to ourselves. We sit and have dinner or have a treat.
Can't wait to have more fun times this summer.




No comments:
Post a Comment