Thursday, November 6, 2008

Mya Patricia Gough is here!!!





I am so excited to post that Mya is finally here and doing great. I went to my 37 week checkup on Tuesday. The doctor told me I was dilated to a 4 and she could feel the baby. She told me as soon as any of my contractions got consistent to go straight to Labor and Delivery so I could start getting the antibiotic for Group B Strep. I told her I had been having pains all morning but wasn't sure if they were contractions (I didn't have any with Emma). She told me to start timing them and go in when they become consistent. I went to lunch with Emma and my mom and the contractions were 3 minutes apart. I called Dustin and told him I was taking my mom home and I would meet him at home so we could go in.
When we got to Labor and Delivery around 2:00pm they checked Mya's heart rate and my contractions and after about an hour they admitted me. I finally got my epidural at 8:00pm and could relax. The nurse broke my water at 12:30am after all my antibiotics were in me and Mya came at 1:26am. She weighed 7 pounds and was 19" long. The doctor said her head was out and then starting laughing hysterically. She said as soon as her head came out she put her arm straight out above her head. I was so happy to see her and how perfect she was. I am so grateful to my Heavenly Father for the blessing of being a mother. I wouldn't change it for the world.
Mya has blonde thick hair and all the nurses/doctors were loving it. Two of the nurses the next day who took her for different testing came back and said I hope you don't mind but I did her hair. They said when they took her hat off and saw her hair they couldn't resist.

Emma absolutely loves her little sister. At first Emma just thought she was a doll and sat and stared at her but once Mya moved she realized she was real and wants to give her hugs and kisses every chance she has. The minute she wakes up she wants to see her sister My (that's what Em calls her).



We are so happy to have Mya here.

16 comments:

Kim said...

Congratulations! I was surprised to see that you had her early. She is just cute and you and your whole family look great.

Ginger said...

Congrats!! I am so excited for you. I will have to call you when things calm down a bit for you. Now you for sure be able to have her blessed over Thanksgiving weekend like you wanted to. You need to post a better picture of her hair. I want to see it. How fun to have your 2 little girls now. I am jealous!

The Allen Family said...

Oh my gosh, she is so beautiful! I am so glad everything went well. I LOVE her hair. What a doll. We need to come see you. If you need ANYTHING let me know. We love ya!

Cynthia said...

She is soooo cute! We can't wait to come and see you guys! If you need anything, don't hesitate to call... The first 6 weeks after Max (my second child, for all those who don't know) was born were the hardest in my life! Congratulations again!

The Briggs Clan said...

Yeah I am so excited for you guys! I am also jealous about her hair! :) Congrats! Wish I was there to see her in person!

MPk said...

Wohoo!!! That is so awesome, Dust & Char!! We're so pumped for you guys and your growing family! Wow - I am floored that a Gough family would have TWO girls IN A ROW! Something strange is going on in SG...She is adorable!

-Micah & Sarah

Em said...

Yeah!!!! Congrats that is so exciting!!! She is so beautiful and sweet! I wish you all the luck...and some sleep... in the world.
Take care, em

idjared said...

She is absolutely adorable! You certainly are blessed. Two darling girls. How could it be better? Congratulations.

Amber Blair said...

CONGRATS!! That is so fun that she is here already, I was checking your blog the other day to see how much longer you had cuz I knew you were due in Nov. I hope I go as early as you!! She's beautiful!! Makes me so excited!!

Kamille said...

I went to work last night and my friend at work said she got to be your nurse. She said you were so cute. Congrats! Lucky you!

Chanda said...

Congrats guys! She is very beautiful! Girls are so much fun! Sure miss seeing you guys! I hope all is well!

Mary said...

She is so beautiful. I am so jealous of all the hair she has. None of my girls had hair like that. I am glad that everything went well and that you are home and enjoying Mya. It looks like Emma loves her soooo much!!! Take care, Love Mary

♥Concerned♥ said...

Congrats! She is beautiful!

Kamille said...

Leslie was the second RN you had that night. She said she just barely had you long enough to get your baby here. She said you were a cute girl. I told her how much I loved you. What more could I say? Oh, I did add that I was insanely jealous. ;)

Brent and Amelia said...

She is absolutely beautiful! Congratulations you guys...your family is gorgeous! Love ya!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!!! I miss you guys! I want to come and see the baby! Let me know when you are ready for visitors!