
Today was Emma's first time in Nursery. It made me happy and sad all in one minute. She is only 16 months but a lot of people have told me to take her in early. They say it seems to be harder when they reach 18 months. So today was the day we gave it a try. She absolutely loved all the toys and snack time. There are a lot of little girls in there which I thought she would love. I just didn't realize how old they are in there before they can move to Sunbeams. Most of the girls are 3 going on 4. In January 5 of the girls will advance to the Sunbeam class, which I am grateful for. I was caught off guard when I saw how mean some of the older girls are. Of course there were some that were sweet and shared things with Emma but the few who were bound and determined to take whatever Emma had away from her made me not want to leave. The nursery leaders are fantastic though. They call them Grandpa and Grandma. So hopefully things will go well next week. I had to show you her first picture. She had some help coloring it from some of the other girls. She was too busy trying to eat the crayons. I just love my little Emma.




5 comments:
Today was Max's first time too, because I didn't take him early. He cried after we tried to leave him, but then Travis stayed with him, so we'll see how it goes next week. Hey, did you see the picture of Ethan and Max on another post? You'll laugh... :)
I think I started taking Alana about that same age, she still cried when she hit 18 months, it's weird but it's just the seperation thing they all the sudden go through. She stays now and does really good. Too bad your ward doesn't have a junior and senior nursery like our ward.
Cute drawing. It's nice when the older kids go so you don't have to worry about black eyes...just kidding!
Oh man, what kind of artistic prodigy do you have there? she is too cute. Luke is pretty clueless when it comes to crayons and things. Hope you are feeling well. Good luck with the nursery thing. Luke will probably start this Sunday so I hope it goes as well as your experience.
How the heck are you? Isn't it getting close to time for your little one to get here? I need to call you. I am a bad friend! I hope you are doing good. I can't believe Emma is in nursery. wow time flies!
Post a Comment