First, Dustin had to work at the Boulevard last night to cover for someone who was gone. It wouldn't be that bad but I really like having him home on Friday nights. We don't get much time together so I look forward to Friday nights. When he got home from school he said he wanted to put the Christmas lights up before he left for Boulevard. Of course he ran out of time and had to run. I was frustrated with that for some dumb reason.
After Dustin left my parents came over and asked if I wanted to go get something to eat with them. I was excited to get out and do something fun. We went to Pasta/Pizza Factory. We were done eating and just talking and enjoying ourselves. I got up to get a refill on my drink for my dad and I when I hear Emma screaming. I ran back to see that Emma had slid half way out of the high chair and was stuck. I am sure this is hard to picture but I have to try and explain. The strap that is supposed to go between her legs was not there. The wood bar that holds them in from falling forward was on her chest. I couldn't push her back up because she kept arching her back and I couldn't pull her out the bottom because her head wouldn't fit between the seat and the wood bar. People started gathering around us and she kept screaming louder. I yelled to my mom to take Mya's binki away and give it to Emma so I could calm her down. I was holding Emma from the stomach down and trying to get her to calm down so I could figure out how to get her out of the stupid high chair. My dad the AWESOME Grandpa that he is started to panic and tried to break the wood bar. Then another guy came over and the both of them tried to break the bar. At this point the entire place was looking at us and I just wanted to disappear. The manager came running over with a tool to take the high chair apart. We finally got her out. I wasn't stressed at all because I know she wasn't hurt I just wanted everyone to move away from her so she would calm down and I would be able to get her out. It all worked out though.
Then this morning we went to the schools annual turkey shoot to watch student, teachers, and anyone else that wanted to come shoot clay pigeons to win prizes. On the way home Emma fell asleep. I carried her inside and she woke up. She had leaked through her diaper so I stripped her and put a new diaper on. I layed her down for a nap and was excited to have a minute or two to relax. About 30 minutes later I peaked in her room and saw her standing in her crib naked. I busted through the door to find that she had peed all over her bed. I was less than thrilled. She has had numerous naps with just her diaper on and never attempted to take her diaper off. I guess there is a first for everything. I tried to stay calm. I put her in the tub, stripped her bedding and put it in the washer, wiped the crib down with antibacterial wipes, and got the carpet cleaner out to clean the little bit of pee that had gotten on the carpet.
This leads me to my fourth and final issue. My carpet cleaner has been acting funny lately but it would not work at all today (when I need it most). I called the manufacture and did some trouble shooting with him which took 2 hours. He then told me that the carpet cleaner is out of warranty. I have to pay for someone to fix it. I am so not happy about this. I payed $180 dollars and it should have lasted longer than a year. So to top everything off when I got off the phone Emma had destroyed the family room.

Movies were strung everywhere, she pulled a bunch of tissues out of the the box, and toys were everywhere. I just sat down to have some lunch (3:30pm) and my vision started to blur (sign that a migraine is on it's way). I took my medicine and layed down for a minute. I really hope tomorrow is a better day.




6 comments:
Ah man, girl... I guess I can't complain as much about my day, your weekend sounds nuts!
I hear you loud and clear. I have been falling like a sack of bricks into bad lately after a days of near kills and abandonment. I know it's the move, but they aure are testing my patience in a way that is scary...I try real hard to not turn into the "crazy lady" that I feel beating on my brain! Oh I love being a mom =]
Totally understand that one. This is Jodi Atkinson by the way :). My house was a disaster for like a year straight after I had my 2nd baby and was in the young womens (not trying to discourage you, just make you feel like you are not alone:)). Anyway, congrats on the little sweetie! I love how your kids have so much hair! My blog is private, but if you want an invite just send your email to jodirae27@hotmail.com. I am glad I found you:).
Oh Charity, I am so sorry! It is always an adjustment to have just one baby let alone to have two and have your husband working all the time! I hope you had a better day today! And it was so good seeing you the other day at Wally World! Your girls are gorgeous! Take Care of yourself!
Chanda
You sound like a mom! You are amazing! Even with bad days (and they sound really bad!) you seem to pull through! I am impressed! Don't give up hope, somehow you will manage all of these crazy experiences!
Oh my gosh, Charity! You poor thing. I am sitting here just hoping that Jackson takes a long time to grow up! I swear, it won't be long until I have a post like that!!!
Post a Comment