Tuesday, July 29, 2008

The ultrasound said...



It's a GIRL! Her name will be Mya. The middle name is still up in the air. We are so excited.
The doctor only saw one slight issue. Mya has a cyst on her brain that the doctor said is totally normal. It has something to do with the fluid in the brain. I just have to follow up with a specialist in 2 weeks. My doctor said it is very small and it more than likely won't be there when the specialist does the ultrasound. I don't mind having another ultrasound at all. The more I get the happier I am.
So other than that we feel very blessed.
Today is also Dustin's birthday so that has been fun. Everyone keeps calling to see how the ultrasound went and then to tell Dustin Happy Birthday. He is a good sport about it.

8 comments:

Ginger said...

Congrats!! I am so excited for you guys. Maybe I will be able to actually see her when she is still a baby. Hopefully we can work it out.

Happy Birthday, Dustin too!! It wasn't an afterthought, I just couldn't write both of them at the same time.

Amber Blair said...

Yeah, another girl!! Brian has a feeling that's what we'll have too but he's wanting a boy. Hope everything turns out all right with the second ultrasound!

Happy Birthday Dustin!!

BERNOTSKI FAMILY said...

Congratulations! Yeah, the girls will be so close and so happy to play with each other. I'm sure everything will be great with the baby.
Okay, so you'll have to post on how to pronounce Mya. Like mIa or mEa? I know it's silly, but I for sure want to get it right.
Happy B-day to Dustin!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Dustin and Happy Baby Girl Mya! We are so excited!
You are in our thoughts and prayers! Keep us posted! xoxoxo

Cynthia said...

First of all, HAPPY BIRTHDAY DUSTIN! and... YAY! Another girl! Two girls close together, perfect! (I'm sure they'll be good little mama's helpers at cleaning the house when they're older...) I love the name Mya, it's cute. It's close to Emma, so when you're calling one, you'll probably get tongue tied sometimes... "Come here! Emma, I mean Mya!" It's all good though!

kari n' zach said...

Hey stranger! long time no tlk, havent seen you since Ging's wedding! Im so happy for you you look so happy! andyour family is beautiful! congrats on the new addition, girls are great, as I have 4 now! haha love it, kari

Kamille said...

Yea! You should join our little girl club. It's only for the few and the proud! I guess you still have hope for other things, but by the time you have four, you know it's time to invest in Cover Girl and Tampax. Congrats!

The Briggs Clan said...

A girl yeah! I am glad emma is going to have a sister! I can't think of much better than that! ( you can tell I was totally deprived of that joy!) I hope everything works out with your little scare! That stuff can be so stressful! I miss you and wish I could just pop over and chat now and then since your finally home all the time!