Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Gough Family Reunion

This past week we have been in Bedford, Wyoming at the Gough Family Reunion. Actually Dustin, Emma, and I spent the first part of last week in Jackson, Wyoming. We had so much fun. Jackson is one of my favorite places to go. I would love to live there someday but I am just not sure the teacher salary can support 2 homes. I can dream right? We set up our camp on Sunday and had dinner in Jackson. Tuesday we took two of Dustin's brother's to Yellowstone since they had never been. We had so much fun riding together and enjoying the beautiful country and the great smelling hot pots. Our sister-in-law called them hot pockets. We won't let her live that down. Wednesday we took a bunch of Dustin's family around Jackson. It has been so long since anyone in his family had been there, that they weren't sure what to do. First we went to Jenny Lake. Then we took the tram up the Teton's. Emma loved pressing her head against the glass in the gondola. I think she wanted to make sure she saw everything. Then we took them to the Alpine slide. It was Dustin's first time and I was sad that I didn't go down with him. My mom threatened me with my life if I went down.

We finished the night off at the Bar J Chuckwagon. It was a long day but fun. Thursday we cleaned up camp and headed down to Bedford for the reunion. It was fun to see Dustin's cousins that we don't ever see.
We went to the 4th of July parade in Thayne. I loved it because it goes down one side of the street and turns around and comes back up the other. So we saw the parade twice. Emma loved the horses and the other kids loved having double the candy.


Saturday while we were sitting around playing games someone pulled out licorice. I gave some to Emma and she loved it. She must have eaten 6 pieces. She had no desire to eat dinner that night.
Yesterday before we left for St. George we stopped and went to Hogle Zoo to celebrate Emma's 1st birthday.


All of my nieces and nephews came and a couple of Dustin's. It was so fun. Thanks to all who came. We moved around like turtles, but we saw fun stuff. Emma showed the most interest in the elephants. She fell asleep after lunch so she missed a lot but I think she was more excited to be with all of her cousins than anything else. We got home at 12:40am and I am exhausted. We brought back 2 of my nieces, Hannah and Zellie. They have so much energy that I get tired just watching them. Emma loves having cousins to play with even though they are older.

5 comments:

Cynthia said...

I LOVE the picture of Emma with the red vines! It was so funny! By the way, can you get Dustin to act a little more excited on camera? haha, j/k

Kamille said...

I wish I'd had a camera at Costco when we ran into you the other day and Maegan was lovin' on Dustin. What a riot! Did you hear it's a girl? Of course it is! Talk with you soon!

The Allen Family said...

It looks like you guys had a great 4th! You need to come out and see the babies. We would love to have you anytime! I haven't seen you forever! Hope everything is good.

Anonymous said...

She is SOOO big! I can't believe it!

Kim said...

You guys are so cute. I love your blog layout too!