Okay so my last post was a totally vent on how tired I was. If I only knew what was too follow. My dad checked himself out of the hospital yesterday. His doctor told him he thought he should stay a few more days but once my dad feels a tiny bit better he wants out and fast. He called my mom and told her to pick him up in front of the hospital. She was so mad she literally picked him up on the curb. I guess now that he can keep a little more food down, he can take his antibiotics and inhalers at home instead of having an IV. So my poor mom was so mad at him yesterday that she had to come to my house to get away for awhile. So it is nice to have him home instead of running to the hospital multiple times a day.
The last few days, Emma has had a clear runny nose and watery eyes. I thought she had allergies because it started right after we got home from the park. Yesterday one of her eyes seemed to be getting worse (more and more swollen). I decided I wanted to take her to the Pediatrician last night. When Dustin got off work we ate dinner, loaded the kids in the car, and went to Night Light Pediatrics. I had them check Mya while we were there since she was so unusually cranky yesterday. I was afraid she night have an ear infection or something like that. Mya was totally clear. She still is on Albuterol treatments every 4-6 hours for her bronchitis but nothing else looked bad. Then he told us Emma had a horrible double ear infection. He told me not to panic but he wanted to warn me that they were both so bad that they would probably burst. He told me if any kind of liquid starting coming out to call them immediately. I told him she had just finished her 2nd antibiotic. She had one in January and one in February that just ended last week. He couldn't believe that. He gave her the Z-pack (5 day antibiotic) and said he wanted to nip this in the butt. Emma never said anything to me about her ears. She has been telling me, "Eye, mom, eye". I thought it was just because it was so watery. So we went and got her prescription filled last night and put her to bed. She woke up a few times crying and every time I went to get her I was afraid I would see liquid coming out of her ears. So far nothing. Then Dustin woke up this morning feeling awful. He went to Instacare and got some medicine. So we have currently put out $530.00 on co-pays and prescriptions since January. I hope the winter goes away fast. I can't afford anymore sickness.
Today (yes I know it is Sunday) I decided I was going to disinfect and wash everything in sight. You would think that everything was clean since I dust, vacuum, and mop everyday. But since we keep getting sick I thought I would do stuff I don't do everyday. So I started out by boiling binki's, washing all bedding (including our pillows we sleep on), and washing the pillows on my couch. Hopefully this will help get rid of some germs and if not then at least I can think it did. Hope everyone else is doing okay.
7 years ago




7 comments:
Charity!!!!I am so sorry that you are having such a bad day...or probably week. You are a strong lady! We love you guys. Let me know if you need some help!
That's crazy that she had the ear infections even after the antiboitics that she had already taken... I hope everyone is healthy and sickness free soon! and for a long time too!
I'm glad your dad is recovering. Poor Emma though! This won't explain the kids getting sick, but if your family keeps getting sick your supposed to change your toothbrushes. They're good at holding on the the sickness. I don't know, something to try?
Oh. Charity. I hate that story. Get better soon. I'm calling you tomorrow, so pick up your phone, okay? I miss you!
you poor girl! Good luck!
You poor thing!! I hope that all are better soon and that you will be able to get some sleep and relaxation soon. I will keep you in our prayers.
You have not had a fun winter at all! I wish you no sickness for the spring and summer!!
Post a Comment