
First of all I would like you to take note of the time of this post. Yes I am wide awake listening to my little Emma crying. She is 19 months old and has yet to sleep through the night. Every night I make several trips into her room to give her a drink or a binki that has fallen out of her bed. For some reason she has gotten worse lately (waking up more). She goes to bed really well but just wakes up several times. I know you are thinking, "Why don't you give her a sippy cup in her bed, or tie the binki on her pajamas". The answer to both those questions is I do and I have. She still cries for me. She doesn't know she can get out of her bed which is still a good thing so when she throws her sippy cup or binki she knows I will come in and get it for her. That is why I decided to try the crying it out tactic again tonight. The last time I tried this she cried for 1 hour and 45 minutes and then proceeded to throw up. Tonight we are going on 1 hour and it is absolutely killing me right now. That is why I decided to blog instead of lay in bed. As if getting up with her isn't enough in the middle of the night I still have my little Mya who has her night feedings. By morning I am exhausted and very sleep deprived. So I hope everyone else gets a good nights rest.




4 comments:
I'm SO sorry! I would try telling you what worked with Ben, but it sounds like Emma has her own logic that is just going to make your life rough! I hope you find something that works! We'll pray for you, and your parents. Hope things are improving.
I am so there for you! I hate letting my baby cry it out! But Cooper is still yet to sleep through the night! Court goes to bed about one o'clock a.m. and I totally can feel the sleep deprivation right along side ya! We will get through it right? And hey thanks for the heads up about gas drops at Target!
I should stop by and steal Emma so you can get some sleep. You would do it for me.
I am so proud of you for doing the cry it out thing. I can't so Asher ends up in our bed a lot, but I think at 19 months, although still hard, might be a little easier. You are such a good mom. I am sorry you are so sleep deprived. It is so wonderful to be a mommy, but a lot of work! GOod luck! Sarah
Post a Comment