Friday, January 23, 2009

Sick parents

This week has been so long. My dad has been really sick for about 12 days now. He can't keep any food down. He went to the doctor yesterday and they gave him a very strong medication to help with his nausea. There hasn't been any dramatic changes so we are getting a little nervous. They ran a bunch of test so we are hoping they can figure out what is wrong with him and fast. My mom also has been struggling. She has PMR and Fibromyalgia. When she stresses or doesn't get enough rest it flares her diseases and makes it hard for her to complete everyday tasks. Since she has been worrying about my dad and getting up with him a lot at night she isn't doing well either. I feel like I am on a pity party but I am so exhausted just thinking about my parents and their health. Yesterday I had Emma color a little picture for my dad. We took it over to him with some Gatorade.
I don't know if you can tell from the picture but she got more ink on her than on the picture. It was sweet of her to try.
Since I have been so stressed lately my sweet husband told me to go redeem my massage he bought me for Christmas. Tuesday night I did and it was sooooo nice. We did our bedtime routine with the kids and then at 9:00pm I went and got my massage. I highly recommend getting one at Massage Evny.A good friend of mine owns two here in town. I wish I could afford to get a massage everyday. It was so relaxing. Thanks again babe for thinking of me. You are the best husband in the whole world. And thanks to everyone else for reading about my pity party.

5 comments:

Cynthia said...

Oh, that doesn't sound good about your parents. Hopefully they'll get over their health problems soon. I'm glad you could get a massage! That's always nice.

Chanda said...

I am so sorry to hear about your parents!!! Your little Emma is so cute! I bet your dad appreciated the cute picture! I hope your dad gets better too! I don't like it when parents are sick!
It sounds like your massage went good! what a great hubby you have to get you such an awesome gift! Take care of yourself!

The Allen Family said...

Being sick is the worst. I hope your dad is okay! Hopefully nobody at your house ends up getting it. I love that picture of Emma. She is so dang cute. Mya is getting so big. We need to get together. I miss you.

The Briggs Clan said...

Sickness is the worst. Especially when you can't figure out whats wrong! Your so amazing tho... Hang in there thats a tough spot. BUT on a bright spot. MASSAGE. I am a huge advocate for massage. (ok, actually I am a masseuse... has your mom tried getting some "work" done for her pmr and fibro...? When I went to school we had so many people that really swore by massage as the only thing that really made them feel better. I am so jealous that you got to go get one! I need one so bad. I keep telling Nick I really want one, but I have yet to receive one! I should do it for myself but, thats hard to do! Love ya nd hope it gets better!

Ginger said...

I hope your parents are doing better. That stinks!

I have had a massage once and it is so wonderful. I am so glad you could take a break and relax.