Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Christmas 2008

I have been wanted to post since Christmas night but haven't found time until now.
December was wild. I am going to start backwards.

January 5th-Doctor appointment for the girls. Emma's 18 month and Mya's 2 month. Both got shots and did great. Both girls have rotten colds. Both girls have ear infections. Both girls on antibiotics. Hope both girls get better SOON!!!
January 4th-1st monthly Gough family home evening- We are going to get together every fast Sunday to have family home evening and celebrate the birthdays for the month. My turn is in May so if anyone has any fun dessert recipes you want to share I would love to have them.
January 3rd-Dustin's oldest nephew Nick was baptized. After the baptism we went over to Dan and Jan's house for dinner.
January 2nd-Annual Gough adult dinner. We get together with the married siblings and have dinner. No kids under 1. It was so nice and quiet.
January 1st-New Years Day. We wanted to go bowling with the Gough family but the wait was too long. The girls took the kids back to Grandma Gough's and the big boys went bowling. We spent the remainder of the afternoon and evening playing the Wii and other games.
December 31st-New Years Eve. We went to dinner with my parents at Red Robin. It just opened and I have already been 3 times. You know you go a lot when your waitress knows what you are going to order and what sauce you want. Then we headed over to mom and dad Gough's for a party. It was so fun ringing in the New Year, eating, playing games, and just being with family. At the strike of midnight everyone set off their car alarms.

It was so fun and loud. I feel bad for the neighbors.
December 26th to 30th-Went to mom and dad Gough's and played with family.
December 25th-Christmas Day. My parents came over in the morning to watch the girls open their presents. We had an awesome breakfast that I tried out for the first time. It was an egg casserole that you bake. I am sure most of you have done this but I never had and was very happy at how good it tasted.
Emma woke up and went straight for her stocking on the couch. We still aren't sure how she figured out which one was hers.



Emma opening her presents from Santa. She got a new baby.


She also got a diaper bag to hold her baby diapers and bottles.

And last but not least she got a cradle for her babies.

My dad made it and it is amazing. My mom made the cute bedding. They made it to match her room. Emma thought it was a bed for her and tried to get in it at first. It gave us a great laugh.

Mya got a cute little butterfly that rolls away from her while its wings flap. It is supposed to promote crawling (when that time comes). She also got some toys that hang on her car seat.


Later on Christmas we went over to Dustin's parent's house to see everyone and what they got.
We ended the evening at my mom and dad's house for dinner. We watched Fred Claus (I highly recommend this if you haven't seen it). We then exchanged white elephant gifts which was extremely fun. I gave my mom and old bird cage I found. Dustin gave my dad last years Snow Canyon coaching attire, and we gave my brother a used DVD and CD. In return we got a piggy bank, Mac and Cheese, Mike and Ikes, and Hill Billy fish bate. We laughed until our stomachs hurt.
December 24th-Christmas Eve. Went over to mom and dad Gough's to hang out. Had dinner with my parents later in the evening. Came home to see that the Dickie Birds had left the girls pajamas.


I know you all want to know what the Dickie Birds are. When I was growing up instead of Elf's my mom said the Dickie Birds were watching us all the time. If we were good they would leave us pajamas on Christmas Eve.
December 20th-Emma got pink eye. Antibiotics nipped it in the butt.
December 19th-Went to dinner with 2 of my brother's. They came down from Salt Lake to go to the BYU game in Vegas. Dustin went caroling with his German students.
December 18th-Ward Christmas party. Santa came at the end and I was so excited for Emma to see him. She has been going around the house saying, "Ho Ho Ho". Here is the picture of her as she is just about to sit on his lap. Once Dustin put her on his lap she wanted to get as far away from him as possible.

December 17th-Snow Canyon High School facility Christmas party
December 16th-Boulevard Home Furnishings employee Christmas party.
December 12th to 14th-Traveled to Salt Lake for my nieces wedding.
December 4th to 7th-Traveled to Salt Lake to go through the temple with my niece. She was receiving her endowments.

3 comments:

Kamille said...

I-yi-yi. No wonder there was no post! I can't remember what happened yesterday, so there's no way I'd remember an entire month! The girls are good. (Knock on wood) we haven't been sick. Our blessing day was the best! Hope you are well. xoxoxox

Amber Blair said...

Wow!! Sounds like you had a fun filled month! I love Dr. Winward, if I'd have known the difference between her and the doc I had with Alana, I would have gone to her first for sure!! I always wonder how she can stay so bubbly and happy when she's probably up a lot a night delivering babies.

Penny said...

Your girls are so cute in their matching pj's. Your Holidays sounded like ours. We even had a nephew named Nick baptized in Lehi that same day!