Friday, August 13, 2010

Christmas in August

Finally posting my Christmas 2009 (This has been written for awhile. I was just waiting on video (which will not load) and pictures.

Christmas this year was very quiet and relaxing. I really didn't want Christmas to come because I wanted more time. I was done shopping and I just wanted the magic to last longer. I loved how excited my girls got every time we drove by someones house and they could see their Christmas lights on, or if they saw a Santa (real or fake), or if they saw someones Christmas tree. It was so fun for me to see them light up.

Christmas Eve we went to my parents house for dinner. Then we drove around looking at peoples Christmas lights. I like to see how different each house is. We even found one house with the lights set to a radio station. Pretty cool.

After my parents we ran over to Dustin's parents house. We missed most of the family but still had a great time. Dustin and his little brother Chad decided that it didn't feel like Christmas to them because they didn't have Egg Nog. They also thought Christmas Eve would be more complete if they could watch Jeff Dunam's Christmas special. So with Santa hats on they ran to the video store and Albertsons. I wish I could have seen these two boys jump out of their little RED car, run to the door of Hollywood Video only to find they closed 3 minutes ago. Bummer!!! So onto Albertsons they went only to find they were also closed. They went to Maverik and got some Egg Nog and Sprite (they mix them together). Needless to say $12.00 later Chad announced while drinking his egg nog that is was officially Christmas. Totally worth my $12.00.

Then we came home got our girls ready for bed and started the Mr. and Mrs. Claus duties. The kitchen took Dustin an hour to put together and me an hour to put the stickers on. Doesn't Little Tikes know that they need to provide two different options when purchasing the kitchen. 1-for normal people who don't stress if the stickers are not perfect and 2-for the OCD people like me who have to get it right and take an hour doing it. Just a thought. We finally made it to bed around 2:00am. We were so excited when we heard Mya wake up the next morning.
Here are some pictures.





My parents came over about an hour later and had breakfast with us and opened more presents. Then we headed over the Grandpa and Grandma Gough's to see the family. It was fun to see everyone and hear about what they got. That evening we went with my parents over to my cousin PJ's house were he was hosting his parents (my aunt and uncle), and his two siblings (and spouses) for Christmas. They haven't been altogether for Christmas in 14 years. It was so fun to see them. After that we ended the night having left overs at my parents house.

New Years Eve was again VERY quiet. We went to Dustin's parents house and only his parents, his sister Rachel, and her family were there. Everyone else was out of town or with other family. It was very enjoyable playing games and eating treats. I had to work at 10:00pm so that made the night hard. At 2:00am when I clocked out for lunch Dustin called and said, "Where are you"? I told him I was on my way to the car. He said, "Wait". He had come to Wal-Mart with his sister Rachel and their mom. It was so fun to have them there. I felt so loved that they would stay up and come spend my lunch time with me.

1 comment:

Sarah Keith said...

I LOVE YOUR FAMILY PICTURES! I AM SO HAPPY ABOUT DUSTIN'S JOB! YOU HAD A BUSY SUMMER!