Monday, June 16, 2008

Life is too short...


I have been thinking about this so much in the last 2 weeks. Dustin's brother and his wife found out 2 weeks ago during a routine ultrasound that the amniotic fluid was really low, and the bladder and kidney's were extremely large. A specialist the next day confirmed that the baby had a blocked urethra. The baby was unable to pee so that is why there wasn't much amniotic fluid and the large bladder and kidneys. After visiting a specialist up in Salt Lake they found out that they baby's lungs were not developing and there was no kidney function. This meant the baby would not survive outside the womb. They had the option of delivering the baby early or waiting until full term IF the baby made it full term. They decided to have the baby at 21 weeks. Our sister-in-law was induced on Saturday and had baby Tyson at 9:45pm. He lived for 1 hour and 40 minutes which is a complete miracle. Some of the family went to the hospital after they called at 12:30am. He was 1 1/2 pounds and looked perfect. They are having a graveside memorial this Saturday. It has been a long 2 weeks for the Gough family.
Needless to say life is too short. I am so grateful for our knowledge of the gospel and that baby Tyson is with our Heavenly Father and is perfect.

3 comments:

Kamille said...

I love you. I'm glad you have strength to be the kind of person you are. Just thought you should know.

BERNOTSKI FAMILY said...

Oh, it is sad, but I am also glad to know where those precious dear ones are. Love you guys.

Kim said...

That is for sure. Makes you so grateful for everything you have.