Sunday, June 1, 2008

Big Year For Us

So much has happened over the last year that it's hard to know where to begin. Emma, of course, was born in June and has been our shining star ever since she arrived. She is a daddy's girl and I miss her everytime I don't see her for more than an hour. Her first word was Dada, which everyone says it's easier, but I give Chicki the credit for always asking, "Where's Dad?!?" Now, however, she can't live it down.
We've had a lot of "firsts" this year and it's not just because of Emma. We had the joy and pleasure of going as a family to Germany for Christmas. It was a thrill for me to go back and show Chicki and Emma my Germany. We met some of the members that I'd known and visited a lot of places. We've got tons of pictures. Emma did extremely well on the plane rides. The next first is that I just finished my first year as a teacher/coach at Snow Canyon High School. I love it. Teaching is one of the best things I could've ever gotten into and luckily Chicki is very supporting of my long coaching hours. I really can't do it without her. I coached football in the fall and tomorrow starts our program for next year, and boys soccer just ended. I'll miss all the graduating seniors, but I'm also looking forward to next year. I also played the Wii for the first time. Guitar Hero is by far my favorite, but I must say I'm pretty dang good at golf. We do not own one, but I play whenever I can get my hands on one. I played golf in Vegas for the first time with my Uncle Rick and Cousin David. (I haven't seen David since before my mission so it was a thrill) And Chicki and Emma got to meet President Henry B. Eyring of the first presidency. Hopefully that was the first of many meetings. I however didn't meet him because I was at work. Grrr!
Our lives have been truly blessed. We look forward to sharing our lives with you and also hearing about yours.

Dustin

7 comments:

Cynthia said...

Yeah for blogs!! I love it! We love hearing from everybody and seeing pictures, especially since we're up here, and you're down there and don't get to see you very often.

Kamille said...

Hey friend. I love your pics of Emma. That's my favorite part of blogging, it's journaling (which we are told to do as members of the church) and scrapbooking at the same time. What could be better? Can't wait to keep in touch through blogger!

Kim said...

Charity! I haven't seen or talked to you in forever. I see Trever occasionaly and he lets me know whats happening with you. Emma is beautiful and congrats on the new one coming up! Don't you love blogs...it's such a great way to keep up on everyone's lives. I'll check back often. Glad you seem to be doing so well. Take care!

Kim said...

Hi Charity! Will you email me your mailing address? Thanks! kimknighton@gmail.com

The Allen Family said...

I love it! I didn't want a blog either but its a good way to keep everyone posted on what's going on. Emma is getting so big! When you will know what baby #2 is? Call me sometime. I just sit in the hospital all day.

The Briggs Clan said...

Charity I am so glad your a blogger now! I love being able to peek in at a moments notice to see how you guys are! I am so excited for your second! Kids are the best! It's not alwys easy, but it is always worth it! I think my kids are probably my only good qualities! :) Wish I was going to be able to stop by and see you when we come up to Utah in a couple weeks! I am so sad that I have limited travel miles! My Dr is already not pleased with my decision to go, but certainly making me promise to do as little travel as I can possibly manage! Miss you guys!

pam said...

CHARITY!! I finally found your blog, after you left a comment on mine. YAY! I'm so glad! Now we can keep in touch and hopefully know what is going on with each other. Emma is completely adorable. I love her little smile! And you're having another one in November? That is so great! We are having our first in a little over a month. We're so excited! I'll be checking back to see what's going on with you! Love you!
Pam