We had a wonderful funeral for my mom. I would not have changed a single thing. My siblings and I all spoke, the grand kids sang, my brother Kyle, Dustin and my brother-in-law Gordy sang, and President Eyring spoke. WOW!!! It truly was amazing. The mortuary recorded it and I love to listen to it. My best friend Catherine was there and described to me that during the funeral service the room was continually being flooded with light. The more the service went on the more light came into the room. That is exactly how I felt but couldn't put it into words. I think my mom would have been proud.
My mom was a very loving, smart, wise, strong, helpful, stern, forgiving women. She was the best friend anyone could ask for. During my brother Cam's talk he said if you were in my mom's circle she protected you. Never mess with anyone in my mom's circle. So true.
I miss my mom terribly but I know with all my heart that she is good and out of pain. I recently heard this song from Mercy River. Can't get through it without tears falling down my cheeks but I wanted to share it.
THE ROBE
Written by: Jenny Phillips
Faithful woman, reached through the crowd
And her hands gently touched Your robe
And You through Your grace made her whole
And now my broken body is fading fast
And like her, I'm searching through the crowds
Desperate to find you somehow
And I'm reaching for that robe
I know that You can make me whole
But if it's not meant to be that way
If I can't stay
Then just wrap me in that robe and hold me when I go
If you call me home to you
Please help those who love me understand
We are still held together by Your hands
I'm reaching for that robe
I know that You can make me whole
But maybe in a different way
If I can't stay
Then just wrap me in that robe and hold me when I go.
Hold her when she goes.
Hold her when she goes.
My mom was not perfect but she was perfect for me. Love you mom.
Here are A LOT of pictures. Couldn't leave any out.
Sign in table
Flowers from us kids-I LOVE the colors we chose for everything
My dad and I
Holden and Papa playing
Nephew Kaleb and niece Sabbrina
Nephew Konnor, niece Kalli, sister-in-law Stephanie
My cute dad and his brother Tim
The boys-Paul, Tim, Steve, and Mike
Uncle Tim and Aunt Sharon
Aunt Reon and uncle Mike
Aunt Donna and Uncle Paul
My boys
This picture made me giggle. We really are okay.
Mya sure loves her Papa
Niece Zellie entertaining Holden
Niece Sabbrina with Emma
Sister-in-law Jan, Holden, and nephew Logan
Nieces Sammantha and Zellie with Holden
Blondies-Mya, Hannah, Izzy
My brothers-Cam, Trent, Kyle, and Shad
Brother Cam and his son Logan
My brother Trent writing his talk
Mother-in-law-Catherine and sister-in-law Rachel
Me and my BEAUTIFUL sister
Parents best friends-The Mackay's
Now the following pictures are for blackmail. Here is the story.
After the viewing Sunday night a few of my nieces and nephews said they left me a present in my diaper bag. I didn't think much of it until weeks later when I went through my camera and found these treasures. I had found my present. Pictures of them messing around, a video, and my treats all gone. I sure do love my nieces and nephews and want to thank them for my present. As simple as it may be I LOVE that they were just being kids during a hard time in their lives. I know that Grandma was smiling down watching you goof-balls hang out together. You know she would have been giggling with you. Can't you just picture her shoulders going up and down, and her sweet smile that makes her lips disappear.


After the viewing Sunday night a few of my nieces and nephews said they left me a present in my diaper bag. I didn't think much of it until weeks later when I went through my camera and found these treasures. I had found my present. Pictures of them messing around, a video, and my treats all gone. I sure do love my nieces and nephews and want to thank them for my present. As simple as it may be I LOVE that they were just being kids during a hard time in their lives. I know that Grandma was smiling down watching you goof-balls hang out together. You know she would have been giggling with you. Can't you just picture her shoulders going up and down, and her sweet smile that makes her lips disappear.
The cemetery
The kids getting out of the limo. All of the grand kids rode with my dad.
The Paul bearers
Gordy, Shad, Kyle, Trent, Cam, Dustin, and Russ
My mom and dad's bishop
My mom LOVED bagpipes. Seriously she went nuts if she heard one. For years she had wanted to got to Springdale for the St. Patricks Day parade so she could see and hear the bagpipes. It never happened until just this last March. I am so grateful for that chance we got to take her.
We were so excited when we got this sweet women to come and play Amazing Grace.
Listening to the bagpipes
After the dedicatory prayer we had balloons for all of the grand kids to send to Grandma
Poor Mya did not want to send her balloon
My sweet nephew Tanner was struggling
The whole gang-it's hard not to see my mom in the picture
My sister Karrie and her family
Brother Shad and his family-minus Dominic
Brother Kyle and his family
Brother Trent
Brother Cam and his family
My clan
The boys
The girls
Siblings and spouses
Funeral Directors-LOVE these guys
Luncheon




No comments:
Post a Comment