We went to the splash pad on 5/24. My cute parents came by to watch the kids. When we got done we all went and had dinner at Olive garden.
Mya and a random girl.
Papa and his girls
Busy boy loving the water
WOW!!! I love these three
Fathers Day 2012
We didn't do anything big for breakfast since we have to be to church at 9:00am. Poor Dust didn't even get to sleep in. He had a 7:00am meeting. I love the pictures the girls made for him. Mya's is on the left and Emma's on the right. They did say some pretty sweet things about him.
After my mom's funeral and when all my siblings went home I was trying to stay busy. Maybe I didn't want to face the music and deal with everything so I decided to re-do our front landscape. My brother Cam and his son Tanner stayed with my dad that week to entertain him and keep him company. That helped me get some stuff done before my dad moved in with us.
Kiddos playing while Dust and I worked on the yard.
On September 21st Emma started school. She loves Kindergarten so much and is learning a lot. Her teacher is the BEST! Emma knows all of the letters of the alphabet, upper and lower case and what sounds they make, she can write all the letters, write numbers 1-10, and recognizes some site words. She loves books.
First day
On September 28th we decided to got to Zion. Our summer was pretty ruff. Dustin started his Master's program, my mom was sick in the hospital with pneumonia, Holden was in the hospital with a cold that restricted his air way, my mom went back to the hospital for a bladder infection, my mom passed away, my dad moved in with us and a few weeks later he was in the hospital with a cold. This literally was a summer from h@$%*. So when we woke up on the 28th Dustin said that's it, we have to go do something fun. So we went to Zion for the day. It was exactly what I needed. The weather was beautiful and we enjoyed just being with our little family.
We first stopped at the wildlife museum. The kids loved it.
Emma wanted to get a picture with the coyote because that is her school's mascot
We sat by the water and had treats and played. The kids loved the water.
This squirrel was so friendly. He came right up and wanted any food.
He even got in bags that were sitting around.
One night we had spaghetti. Can you tell Holden liked it?
On 10/2 Dust was on his way out the door when he heard my phone go off. My neighbor texted that she had just walked by and there was an owl in my yard. Dustin ran out there and sure enough there was the owl in my rocks. He came running upstairs to wake me up so I could see it. I was so tired and thought he was lying. I jumped up and ran outside with him. He was beautiful and BIG. We got a lot of neighbors attention on their way to work and a lot of people stopped. At one point he tried to fly and couldn't so I figured he was hurt. I called animal control and they came and got him. They snatched him in the net and put him in a cage in less than one minute. It was so fun to watch this owl. I have never seen one in nature, only at the zoo.




No comments:
Post a Comment