Blowing out the candles
Opening a present from her cousins James and Sabrina Hubbard
Checking out the goods
Holden is always so happy
1/2 of the party. Not sure how I didn't get a picture of the other 1/2
The rest were taken by my kids and their cousins. Enjoy
Thanksgiving this year was really quiet and relaxing. My sister and her family were the only ones to come down from my family. They came down Wednesday and left Friday morning. Dustin's brother, Travis and his family also came. Thanksgiving day always starts with the Gough boys and friends playing football. Then we went to my parents and finished up the last minute preparations for dinner. My family has a tradion that I am grateful for. We have 3 popcorn kernels on our plate. before dinner we go around the room and everyone has to say 3 things they are thankful for. It is a very special tradion that I look forward to every year. I can't remember the date but after Thanksgiving we went hiking at the Red hill. Here are some picts.
On December 17th we had our annual adult Gough Christmas party. We look forward to this ALL year. It is the one time we have only the adults (kids under 1 are permitted). We rotate houses, have dinner, play games, and exchange white elephant gifts. I stole all the following pictures off Kylie's blog.
The following pictures are of the first game we played. You pass a dice around the room and when you got a certain number you got to run up and put the oven mitt's on and try to open the present. Absolutley hilarious.
I own. the prize
Then we played Christmas pictionary. Girls against boys.
This was rockin' around the Christmas Tree. Can you see it? I can't
White elephant time
Dustin got a black stuffed goose
Dustin was so excited for the person who got his present
Geremy got it. Don't you LOVE his turtle neck and sweater vest?
There it is, Dustin's present. He got it last year and was so excited to use it on
his desk at work and then re-give it. Michelle's face is the best.
I think he may be a little disappointed
Mom got some random made CD's
Rachel's give. Priceless
Dad enjoying what I gave him
Charles got paper airplanes
Jan got 1970 napkins with weird sayings on them
Dustin got his little brothers suit
One of my favorite things to do at Christmas is go to Tuacahn for the live Nativity. Santa was out there so we saw him first. They girls were terrified of him. Emma stood next to him and told him what she wanted for Christmas. When she was done Santa leaned over and said, "I know something about you"? Her face lit up. He continued to say, "You have been a good girl this year". During the following weeks she was continually reminding me what Santa told her when would say, "You better be good so Santa brings you something".
The Nativity was fantastic and the kids loved the animals.
Then it was time to play Santa and Mrs. Claus.
We started a new tradition this year that I hope we can continue for many years. We decided that Jesus only got three gifts so that is all our kids will get. So this year the girls got a dollhouse, a scooter, a game, and of course little stocking stuffers. Holden got a little choo choo train that balls jump out. Christmas morning was so fun. They were so excited to go downstairs.
My parents came over for breakfast and to see what the kids got. Then it was off to church we went. After church we had lunch at mom and dad Gough's and opened some presents while we waited for Uncle Chad to call.
We finished the night at my parents having left overs from the night before. December 20th-Dustin's brother Jason had his birthday. They invited us to go bowling. This was the girls first time. I stole these pictures off my sister-in-law Kylie's blog.
New Year's Eve was the so uneventful. It was REALLY nice to have such a low key night. We went to mom and dad Gough's and hung out with them, Rachel, and her family. We played games and the kids played and watched movies. At midnight we went outside and yelled and banged pots and pans. We got right in the car and headed home. We had church at 9:00am the next morning. Well I think that at least catches me up for 2011.




No comments:
Post a Comment