It was about 1:00am when Dustin and I went to bed. I love late nights during Christmas break. Around 3:00am. I hear a beeping noise and a voice say, "Carbon Monoxide detected" over and over. Dustin jumps out of bed and runs to the smoke/carbon monoxide alarm in our stairway. He turns it off before it wakes all the kids. A few minutes later it goes off again. Since you can't detect carbon monoxide we decide to call the non-emergency St. George police department and ask what we should do. The dispatch women told us to get everyone out of the house. She said pull your car out of the garage and get everyone warm and safe in there. So about 5 minutes later the fire truck comes and out jumps 4 firemen.

They are in the house a total of 1 minute. We get out of the car when we see them coming out of the house. They said, "Well we changed your batteries for you". I just about died. THE BATTERIES!!! Then one of the firemen start to explain that our water heater is electric and so is the furnace. I am wondering why he is telling us this since we already know that and then it hits me. We can't have carbon monoxide in the house we don't even have gas in our house. I kid you not I am so embarrassed by this point that I actually hang my head. Dustin and I say how sorry we were to make them come over at 3:00am. I am still hanging my head in embarrassment. They are walking to the firetruck when I hear one of them say, "Hey, at least you got the cleanest house award for the day". My head flies up and I say, "I did". He said, "Yep". I was so happy. So note to self:Always have a clean house, you never know when they firemen might be coming over.




6 comments:
That is AWESOME! Good to know that you'll never die from Carbon Monoxide. My parents had a big scare when there's went off because my mom was in the basement canning with her gas stove and my 5 year old nephew passed out. Scary stuff!
That is crazy! Good job on the clean house though!
Did everyone get to go back to sleep? ;) I think at 3AM no one is thinking too clearly so don't be too hard on yourself. hehe Great story!!
Excellent story. I think you are fantastic.
this is the funniest story every!! It was nice they could be there to change your batteries on a detector you don't need anymore. I am glad they recognized all the hard work you have put into cleaning.
I love it! A classic Charity story!!
Post a Comment