Here is the story.
3/11/2011-36 week checkup. My doctor said I was dilated to a 4 and 100% effaced. She was freaking out because she was leaving on vacation for a week and she thought I would have the baby while she was gone. I was freaking out because Dustin was scheduled to go to Salt Lake for soccer games all day Tuesday and all day Wednesday. I told my doctor about Dustin leaving and asked what she thought. She said if he did go he would never make it back in time to see his son born.
3/14/2011-Went and saw the on-call doctor. He said I was still a 4 and doesn't think I will go more than a couple of days. He agreed with my doctor that if Dustin left and I went into labor he wouldn't make it back in time.
3/18/2011-Saw another on-call doctor and he said I was still a 4. Poor Dustin didn't go and nothing happened.
3/22/2011-37 week checkup. My doctor was back and she couldn't believe I did not have the baby while she was gone. She told me that before she left she went down to labor and delivery and told them that I would be coming in anytime. She told them she was sad she would not be there and to take good care of me since I am one of her favorites. That definitely made me feel loved. She said I was still dilated to a 4 and 100% effaced. She also said my water was bulging.
3/29/2011-38 week checkup. My doctor said I was now a 6. She scheduled me to be induced because she was afraid I wouldn't make it to the hospital if my water broke.
3/31/2011-Got the call at 5:30am that they were ready for me. We took the girls to my parents house and got to the hospital about 6:45am. I had a wonderful nurse and a cute student nurse who took multiple attempts to get my IV in. Not so pleasant. The other nurse then took over and got it on the first shot.
My doctor came and broke my water about 8:30am.
I got my epidural about 15 minutes later and the anesthesiologist was not my friend. It took him 3 tried to get it right.
About 9:56am the epidural didn't keep up with my body (that's what my doc said) and I thought I was going to DIE!!!
10:02am he was here
He weighed 8lbs. 12oz. and was 20 inches
First bath
I think his dad likes him
Getting ready to go home
Meeting the sisters-Emma was in heaven and Mya feel asleep on the way home from Papa and Grammies
Emma finally got brave and held her brother




9 comments:
Wow! I am never more than I three when I go into labor. That is a cool story and he is adorable. Congrats!
He is so adorable! How fun for Dust to get his little boy! I bet you guys are all loving him to pieces. If we come down there I would love to see you before we move.
Congrats!! He's so cute!! I love your story, mostly cuz I know you go to Dr Winward like me and I can totally hear her saying all that stuff! She's the best!! :) Oh, and I'm so jealous that you had a boy!! :) JK, girls are great too!! :)
How fun to have a little boy in the home. He is so cute. I hope things are going well.
Charity!!! I'm so happy for you!! He is beautiful and so round and cuddly. He will be so loved by all. Have fun and enjoy your SON! I knew you were pregnant but I didn't know when you were due so this was kind of a surprise for me to see his cute picture on FB. Congrats!! Take Care!
Awww! I love him! He's so dang cute! I hope the transition is going well. I can't wait to meet him. Our little guys can be long distance buddies! So fun! I hope we see you guys soon!!!
He is darling! I told you that you had to have 2 girls first. You will love it when they can babysit.
Congratulations you guys!!!! I am so happy he is here and healthy!! He is adorable!! Yay!!!
CONGRATS!!! i know I'm like 12 weeks late :D BUT.. better late than never, right? :) He is so cute! I want to hear more about your epidural story.... maybe at McDonals :) lol... FYI...I am now adding you to my list of people to blog stalk :)
Post a Comment