Friday night we had the adult Gough Christmas dinner. This year it was hosted by the newlyweds, Dallas and Taylor. It was so fun and they were great hosts. I was asked to bring one of the lasagnas for dinner. We had a great time talking about our kids, playing games, and just being together.
Saturday night was our ward Christmas party. I was asked to bring 10 lbs. of mashed potatoes. I was worried about my timing and getting them to the church on time and warm. I THINK it worked out. Dustin had to work and my mom watched Mya so Emma and I could go. It was fun and Santa came at the end. Emma is so funny with Santa. She asks to go to his house all the time but as soon as you put her near him in real life she freaks out.
The only time so far that I have gotten her to sit on his lap is when we went to the Dickens Festival earlier in the week. She was mesmerized by him.
Sunday night we had our annual Gough kids Christmas party. It was so fun. My sister-in-law Jan had mentioned doing a Polar Express theme and I loved it. So that's what we did. I went and bought bells (first gift of Christmas) for all the kids and tied red ribbon on each one. We had everyone come in their PJ's.
I read parts of the book so it wasn't too long for the kids. We went from one room to the other and got on the train. We played some of the music from Polar Express during the time. When they got on the train they got hot chocolate. Then we sang Santa Claus is coming to town and Santa came.
We had the hardest time finding a Santa to come. I really wanted one to finish out the night. Sunday at church I found out that the 3rd Santa we asked couldn't do it. He did tell me we could borrow his suit. So Sunday I started looking for someone that would be Santa. About 2:30 it came to me that my dad would make an awesome Santa. So I called him and he said he would. He was FABULOUS!!!
I really wish I had better pictures to post so I am hoping my other sister-in-laws have better ones that I can steal from them later.
Getting ready for the party
My girls in their PJ's.
I love this picture of Nick. He is so cute
On the train
Having hot chocolate
Baby Derek, Great Grandma Gough, and Grandpa Gough
Max showing his ticket to get on the Polar Express
Santa giving the first gift of Christmas
Some of the kids telling Santa what they want for Christmas
Emma freakin' out because Santa was making her nervous.
The kids with Santa




1 comment:
That is such a cute idea!! It looks like they all had fun and you all looked so cute in your pj's!!
Post a Comment