October 9, 10, and 11th
Road trip to Salt Lake with the in-laws. Dustin's brother Dallas got married on October 17th (next post) and his fiance Taylor went through the Salt Lake Temple on October 10th. Her dad's side of the family also gave her a shower on Saturday. It was fun to go see Dustin's aunts that I don't get to be around very much. My favorite part of the shower: A couple days before we left Dustin's mom and I were talking about what to get her since we had already given her 2 different shower gifts. Catherine (my mom in-law) said she had a spice rack that she had never used. She wasn't sure who gave it to her but that it was really nice. When Taylor opened it at the shower everyone loved it. Catherine's sister sitting next to her said, "Hey I gave that to you". We busted up. I loved it. The other sister I was sitting by said she hadn't used hers either.
October 12th
Catherine called and said she was very sick and asked if I could help her finish getting everything ready for the wedding breakfast. I was very honored that she called me to help her (she never asks for help).
October 13, 14, 15, and 16
Were dedicated to shopping and setting up for the wedding breakfast. October 15th The last football game of the season for Snow Canyon. Very, very, very emotional. Chad the youngest of the Gough's was playing his last game of high school and the last football game for the Gough brothers. It was Senior night so all of the Seniors and their parents were introduced and walked out on the field.
Chad is #65
The game started off with all the Gough boys: Dad, Dan, Jared, Dustin, Travis, Jason, Dallas, and Chad singing the National Anthem (still mad I forgot my video camera).
I cried the whole way through it. They sounded great. The game was AWESOME. We played Pineview who was #1 in the region. Even though it was the last game and it didn't matter if we won or lost we WON!!! It was such an exciting game and a good note to end the season on. After the games it is a tradition to go on the field and hug your player. It was very emotional. Dustin has been on the coaching staff during Chad's high school years and I am very happy they got that time together.
Here is a picture of all the Gough boys after the game. In the left hand corner is Grandpa Arnell (Catherine's dad).
After the game we went to Denny's to continue the celebration. What a great night.
October 16th
Spent the day setting up and finalizing shopping for the wedding breakfast. I am so grateful for good sister-in-laws who all came to help. I couldn't have done it without them. Thanks girls it was fun. Here is how the tables looked.
October 17th
Dallas and Taylor were sealed for all time and eternity in the St. George Temple. I have no pictures and I am still mad about that. I thought my girls looked beautiful in their dresses. Hopefully I can order some from the photographer. The wedding breakfast went AWESOME!!! I thought it did at least. This is an apron Dustin bought me a few years ago at October fest and he loves it.
He begged me to wear it while I was working in the kitchen, so I did for just a few minutes. My sister-in-law Rachel took this picture and as much as I hate my picture taken and that my eyes are closed I am glad she did. I love it.
It was also Dustin's little brother Chad's birthday. I got this cake for him.
I also called a bunch of his friends and asked them to come to the wedding breakfast and surprise him. I got them all together in the Relief Society room and then they entered the cultural hall at the same time and everyone sang happy birthday. He told me he really was surprised. It was cute.
The reception that night was really beautiful, fun, and tiring.
October 20th
Called Wal-Mart about an application I had sent in about 2 weeks before. They told me they had just opened two positions. One during the day in dairy and one night stocker. I told her I was very interested in the night stocker. 3 hours later I was given the job. Long story short we have been stressing about money a lot lately. Our debt isn't going anywhere and sometimes growing. Finally one night we felt we hit a wall. That same night I was up praying a lot and wondering how we could bring in more money. Poor Dustin is maxed with teaching school, coaching football and soccer, and working at Boulevard on Saturdays. The only thing I could come up with was that I needed to find a job at night. That would make it possible for me to still be a stay home at home mom. I really feel that Heavenly Father blessed me with the job. He game me exactly what I prayed for. Hopefully it won't be for too long and then I can quit. So I work 3-4 nights a week from 10:00pm to 7:00am. Some days are ruff but I manage. I just remind myself how blessed I am for getting the job over the hundreds who applied for it.
October 30th
We celebrated Halloween. I know it was a day early but since Halloween fell on Saturday the schools did their festivities on Friday so I decided I would too. We started off by going to my parents house. My mom bought the kids cute little treats and they loved it. Then we went to Great Grandma Gough's to see her and meet up with the other cousins. Emma would not cooperate for pictures so here are a few random ones.
Then we went to Grandpa Gough's school to see him.
Then it was off to Dustin's school for the parade.

Emma loved it and Mya enjoyed just watching everyone.
Here is the group that went to Dustin's school (minus those who did not dress up)
That night we went to dinner and then back to the school for a carnival. That was really fun. Emma went pumpkin bowling, fishing,


decorated cookies, and got her face painted. 

I never thought for a second that she would let them but she loved it. She held so still. I still laugh when I think about it because that is so not her. Here are a few more random pictures from the carnival.
October 31st
Went to my parents house and made sugar cookies.
November 5th
Mya turned 1. We celebrated by going to McDonalds and having dinner with cousins, aunts, uncles, grandpa's and grandma's. She wore her birthday hat the whole time much to my surprise.

She loved opening her present.

Getting the cake ready
Mya eating her cake

Here are the "OLDER" boys playing with the kids

Here are some random pictures of some of the family who came.
Grandpa Gough and Emma
Cynthia and Elora

Max
Jeremy and Riley
Rachel and Ella
Trevor and Brandon
And then their is Emma. Her and I went out to the car to change her and she wanted to sing to Mya. It is a bad picture but I love her voice.
I still can't believe Mya is one. She is walking all over the place. She is so happy and just makes you smile when you look at her. She LOVES her dad and can't get enough of him. She is a really good eater and her favorite thing is Mac and Cheese. She loves to scream when she thinks her sister is getting food or drink without her. She sleeps good at night and only wakes up occassionally. She does like to get up with the sun and we are working on that. She is the sweetest little thing. We just love her.
When we got home from the party we decided to get out all of our Christmas decorations. I know you are thinking we are crazy but we just love the decorations and lights. We don't feel like one month is long enough.
And last but not least we ordered our girls Christmas present.
We are so excited for Christmas this year. Since our girls are a little older and Emma knows who Santa is and that he is coming to her house we are like kids ourselves.
So that is about it for now. I think I am finally caught up.




5 comments:
I love the birthday song! You guys are so cute. Sounds like you're crazy busy. Hopefully we can see you again soon. I think the girls will LOVE the kitchen. Kids make Christmas so much more fun.
Holy cow your girls are so big!!! It has been too long since you last posted! My stupid computer never told me you updated, which is why I am so late commenting...probably didn't need to know that:) Anyways, the girls are both so adorable. I love their cute little faces. I can't believe Mya is one and Emma is big enough to do all the stuff at a carnival and actually get it!!! I miss you. It was good to see a new post. I hope you are all doing well. It looks like you are keeping very busy. I hope it isn't this long again before the next post! Love ya! (Whoa long comment..sorry)
p.s. will you send me your address so I can send you a Christmast card? kelsey2202@hotmail.com
It looks and sounds like you have had so much fun. Your girls are both getting so big and are so cute. I can't believe that Mya is one already. When our girls were 1 and 4 we got them a kitchen for Christmas. They loved it and still do!!
Yea for the catch-up. I cannot believe how pretty your little girls are. They SO belong to you. Congrats on your job. I miss seeing your job.
Post a Comment