Last Saturday Dustin went to instacare. Doc said he thought he had bronchitis and sent him home with cough medicine. He was so sick all day Sunday, Monday, and Tuesday. Mya also started coming down with the cold, so Tuesday afternoon I took them both to our family doctor. They both got antibiotics and Wednesday morning there was a huge difference in both of them. Dustin finally went back to work Thursday.
I went to my doctor appointment Thursday and my doctor said I was dilated to a 3 and 100% effaced. She said I should have the baby within a few days. Well I have obviously been getting ready but I kicked it into high gear. Friday was interesting. I got the rotten cold Dustin and Mya had and in the afternoon while doing laundry I realized my washer was not spinning the clothes. Therefore they were soaking wet at the end of the cycle. I nearly had a melt down. Of all appliances to break-NOT THE WASHER!!! The tech's at Boulevard were gone for the weekend. Why now is all I could think and say for the next 2 days.
My sweet husband woke up at 6:30am on Monday (1st day of Spring Break) and took the washer out to the warehouse to have them look at it. He got home and I went to another doctor appointment. I scheduled one just a few days later because Dustin was supposed to go to Salt Lake for soccer games all day Tuesday and all day Wednesday. With my history of fast births we didn't want him to go if I was more dilated. I was a 4 and the doc said he obviously can't tell me when the baby will come but he didn't think it would be more than a couple of days. Oh did I mention yet that my doctor is out of town this week. Anyway it just made our decision for Dustin even harder. We knew if he stayed home nothing would happen and if he went he would miss the birth of his first son. Well good news came Monday afternoon. My washer was fixed. I could have kissed the tech who fixed it. Dustin went and got it and I got my laundry going Monday night.
It is now Wednesday and my contractions have not been consistent at all. I have pulled weeds, cleaned the house multiple times, etc. I have another appointment Friday so we will see.
Well long story short I wanted to show you pictures of baby Holden's room. My sweet sweet sister-in-law Jan made the bed skirt last Friday in one afternoon. She is so talented and I owe her.




2 comments:
Wow you guys have been through a lot. I am so excited for you to have your baby. That will be so much fun to have a boy in the house. Hopefully you are getting over your cold so you won't be sick while delivering.
I love the room. I wish I could just sew something in one afternoon.
Yuck I hate when washers break it makes everything else not fall into place like normal. Good luck with getting your sweet little baby out. I think it is harder when they say oh you should be having it soon and nothing happens grrr. Hang in there!
The room is so cute! I love the star theme.
Hope you get feeling better soon!!!
Post a Comment