Monday, December 15, 2008

My nieces wedding!

My niece got married this past Saturday (12-13-08) and I can't believe she is old enough to get married. We are only 4 years apart but I just feel old all of the sudden. We traveled to Salt Lake Friday night and stayed with my sister-in-law in Salt Lake (THANKS SO MUCH ANGI WE HAD SO MUCH FUN). My brother was in Hawaii with President Eyring so we missed him. We went to bed really late Friday and had to get up really early Saturday. She was sealed to her cute husband in the Salt Lake Temple at 9:00am. That made for an interesting morning (getting two little girls up and to the temple by 8:30am). One of my brothers and his family babysat the girls at the temple for me. The sealing was very sweet. The weather was awful though and I felt so bad for my niece, but she had such a great attitude. Her photographer actually got some great shots that I think made it all worth it. They didn't have a wedding breakfast because the grooms parents gave my niece and her husband the option of having a breakfast or taking the money. They chose the money (very smart). Dustin, the girls, and I ran some errands after the temple and exhausted ourselves. We went back to my sister-in-laws to relax. We were there about an hour when my mom called to inform us that family pictures were at 5:30pm. I don't know why I didn't think about that earlier in the day so we had to rush to get everyone ready for pictures/reception. The reception was in Provo so we had an hour drive. The reception was beautiful and it was fun to see friends and family. My niece wanted a dance at her reception like we did at ours so that topped the night off. It was so fun and everyone got into it. Dustin did the worm and had the place in hysterics. I forgot my camera and was ticked. My sister-in-law said she would email some to me so I will post those later.
We got home late Sunday night and on the way we stopped to see our friends Brandon and Danielle in Spanish Fork. They had a little (5 lb) baby girl a week ago so it was so fun to see them. We got home unpacked and my little Mya decided she wanted to be fussy. I got to bed at 2:00am and fell asleep so fast I didn't even remember getting into bed. I love my little Mya.

Here are some pictures from the weekend.
My brother Shad was cracking us up.


Emma with no shoes. She won't leave them on.

Just trying to keep warm waiting for the bride and groom to come out.

Here they are!



Dustin coloring with Hannah and Burke. Burke loves to color.

Burke wanted to take pictures. He is pretty good. I did however have to delete some random stuff.






Just hanging out after bath time.



This was on our way home. I love sleeping kids.

3 comments:

The Briggs Clan said...

I need your address!

The Briggs Clan said...

e-mail me at thebriggs15@yahoo.com, or text me!

Ginger said...

I am glad the wedding was fun. I am sad that it was such crappy weather so I wasn't able to see you. Hopefully we will be able to arrange something before we leave. Emma and Mya are soo adorable!