Highlights over the past SEVERAL months.
June went so fast
July went even faster
And Halloween was yesterday. So now it is November.
In June we did a lot of just hanging out, playing outside, and Dustin got to work more hours at the Boulevard (such a blessing).
One evening in June (can't remember the exact date) our AMAZING friends the Anaya's and Rowley's had a party in our backyard. We had a fire, ate smores and ice cream. It was a going away party for Miguel Anaya. He was leaving in a few days for Afghanistan. We sure do miss him and pray he will be safe and return to his family . Here are a few picts from that night. I have the best friends in the WHOLE world.
Kids playing
Catherine and Jade
Mary and Alyssa
Dustin, Andre, and Holden
Toward the end of June my sister, 2 of her daughters, and my cousin Tracy came and stayed at my moms. It was fun to have some much needed girls time. My nieces were amazing and babysat while we went out. Emma turned 4 on the 26th. We celebrated at my parents house. She got some fun presents. She is into anything little. My sister gave her a miniature Tinker Bell and friends set, my cousin gave her the Sleeping Beauty set, my parents gave her a cookie baking set, and Dustin and I gave her a bike. She also got to go with Grandma Gough to pick out her own presents at the store and she came home with some really cute stuff: baton, play money, beads, etc.
The bike
Papa cooking up some yummy chicken
Hanging out with Karrie and playing games
Zellie, Sabbrina, and Holden
We went camping on the 27th for a few days in Pine Valley with some of the Gough siblings and Mom and Dad Gough. It was absolutely beautiful weather and we had a wonderful time.
Setting up
Mya loved her cousins sword
My sweet little boy
Us
Brothers
Triple G, Grandpa Gough, and Mya
Dirty, dirty, dirty girls
My boys
Heading home
July seemed like we had something everyday. We spent the 4th of July weekend with my brother Kyle and his family. It is always so fun when they come. We went over to Taylor's parents house for our annual 4th of July BBQ and swim party. Afterward we headed to the park for fireworks and ended the night at Mom and Dad Gough's doing more fireworks.
Dustin and I were asked to attend our stakes Youth Conference. It was on the 22-25th. We went to Salt Lake and did some awesome stuff.
7/21-We had all the kids from our ward bring their luggage, etc. to our house and load it in a trailer that we hauled to Salt Lake.
My sweet in-laws were going to Salt Lake for the weekend also so they came about 5:00pm and picked up the girls. I cried just a few minutes after they pulled away but I knew they were in good hands. It took several hours to get each kid to our house with their stuff.
7/22- We left at 5:30am. I went to bed at 3:45am and had to be up by 4:45am. I slept a little on the way up. Our first stop was This is the Place Heritage Park.

The Stake President spoke and then we had lunch.
Then we went to the movie "17 Miracles" at Gateway.

The next stop was the hotel to check in and get changed.
They went to the Salt Lake temple to listen to the temple president speak. Since I had Holden I couldn't go so I went with a group of kids who did not have their recommends. We went and got ice cream.
Then everyone changed and hiked Ensign Peak. It was my parents 51st wedding anniversary and my whole family met at a restaurant downtown. I was so happy I could make it.
July 23rd-We went and listened to John Bytheway

He was fantastic. One thing that he emphasized that i loved was not following the crowd.
Then we had lunch at the church and played some games.
After we freshened up we went to the Family History Center.
The next stop was to take a tour of Brigham Young's House.
Then we had dinner at Lion House (very tasty)
That night we went to a stake dance. It was so fun to watch our youth. The leaders in our ward decided we wanted to be a part of the "So you think you can dance" competition. We went into a room at the church and we choreographed a dance to YMCA. It was a ton of fun.
July 24th
We had Sacrament meeting in a conference room at the hotel.
Then we went to Music and the Spoken Word. Amazing day to go.
Then we went to the visitors center at Temple Square and had a testimony meeting in one of the theatres.
We then headed to Brigham Young's home again and had lunch in the back yard. That is when it hit me. It was the 24th of July (the day Brigham Young came to the Salt Lake Valley) and I was having lunch in his back yard. Very honored to have that experience.
Then we had individual ward time. We went and saw the Joseph Smith movie. I just love that man.
We had dinner that evening at the parents home of one of the Stake Young Women's counselors.
We ended the night with a fireside.
July 25th-We got up early and went to the parade. Then we headed home.
It was such an amazing weekend with the youth of our ward. I just fell in love with all of them.
We came home for 5 days and then left again for Salt Lake. Dustin had a German conference at the U of U so the kids and I spent the week hanging with my family.
July 31-Traveled to Salt Lake. Checked in our hotel. Took the Trax (girls think it is a choo choo train) to downtown Salt Lake.

Walked around Temple Square and showed the kids.
August 1-Just relaxed and did some shopping with my sista.
August 2-Went with my sister, her girls, my sister-in-law, and her boys to Thanksgiving point.

We did the Dinosaur museum and the farm. The museum was a little too much for my kids but they LOVED the farm. They had horses that the kids could ride on. Emma had no interest at all but Mya was all over that. She cried and cried after her turn was over so I went and bought her another ride. She was so cute sitting on her pony.
August 3-Went swimming at the Lindon City Pool

This is my favorite pool EVER! The area for the kids is perfect for me to watch them and they love all the slides.
August 4-Packed and headed to Bryce Canyon with the Gough Family. We spent the of the week and weekend there. It was so fun but the nights were way too cold for me. I couldn't wait for the sun to come up. I have never been to Bryce and can't believe it is only 2 1/2 hours from St. George. We will definately be visiting there again. I am stealing pictures from my sister-in-law Rachel's blog since I didn't take any. Thanks Rachel.
Mya hanging with Grandpa

The crew
Then school and football started. Emma went to Pre-school the second half of school last year and loved it. This year they started something different. They want the pre-schoolers to go to the school where they will attend Kindergarten. So she started at Coral Cliff's Elementary. I love her teachers. Miss Mitchell and Mrs. George and she LOVES them both. She is learning so much and I am grateful for this opportunity she has.
This was her first project for the school year
September-We celebrated our 8th wedding anniversary. We celebrated by going to church and then had a very crazy dinner with 3 kids (memories, memories).
This month we also got a new car (van) and truck.
The week of the 12-16 I started looking for a van to buy. I have always like the Dodge Grand Caravan or the Chrysler Town and Country. I called my brother who works at Doug Smith in American Fork and asked him to start looking. I also looked on-line since all of their inventory is on there. I found one I really liked.

My brother checked it out and said it is very clean and well kept. So on Friday the 16th I went to the bank to do financing. If everything went well I was going to drive to Salt Lake, trade in the Durango, and get the van. On my way out the door I felt prompted to list the Durango on Craigslist. I did it in less then 2 minutes. I didn't even list all of the details and no picture. I was at the bank about 10 minutes when my cell phone rang and the person on the other line said he wanted the Durango. He was in Cedar. I told him I would be going through on my way to Salt Lake and I would stop. If he really wanted it then he could buy it and I would get on the shuttle to Salt Lake. If not then I would trade it in when I got to Salt Lake. I grabbed Dustin from school so he could take the kids until Mom Gough could take them. We rushed to get everything out of the Durango and off I went. The guy in Cedar bought it so after all the paper work was done I got on the 3:50 shuttle. It was the worst ride of my life. It was a 15 passenger van and there was a trailer. It was raining and the driver went 80-85 and 90 when the rain let up a little. I even yelled out at one point to slow down and not follow the car in front of him so close. At one of the stops I moved to the front and told the driver I was nervous. He could have cared less. I felt bad but I called and complained about him. My entire body hurt by the time I got to Spanish Fork because I was so tense. My sister picked me up and took me to the dealership. I loved the van and left American Fork at 10:30pm. I got home just before 3:00am. I was beat but it was well worth it.
As if that day wasn't crazy enough here comes some more.
The next morning it was hot in St. George. I turned the air on and it wasn't blowing cold air. I called the dealership and talked to one of my brother's friends becuase my brother left to go out of town. He told me to take it to the Chrysler dealership here in St. George and have them look at it. They couldn't get me in until Tuesday.
On Tuesday they said it needed to be recharged and filled with freon. I was happy to have my air working again. I was only about 2 minutes away when the kids said mom it is hot in here. I checked the rear air and it was blowing hot. I took it right back to the dealership. They did some checking and said that the rear air needed to be fixed. I called Doug Smith and they said they would like their guys to do and would give me gas money to come up. Why not I thought. I can spend a couple of days with my sister.
So Friday September 23 I went back to Salt Lake. Oh and before I forget one of the TV's in the headrest wasn't working. So they looked at both problems and said they could fix them but they couldn't get a part for the air until Tuesday. I was not prepared to stay that long. They gave me a rental so I went back to St. George on Saturday. The car was finally ready on Thursday and my brothers friend was going to bring the van down to me and visit his son. Something happened and he couldn't come.
So Friday the 30th Dustin took a personal day and drove with me to Fillmore to meet a guy and switch cars. I love my new van.
Ok so now about Dustin's truck. We sold Dustin's truck back in August
and he bought a bike. He was excited to bike to work. It wasn't too bad having one car. Some irritating parts here and there. After my brother came to visit and saw how it is sometimes an inconvience he told Dust he could have his old truck. So on September 16 we got the truck and the van. WOW!!!
October started out ruff. Health problems with my parents and Dustin's Grandpa passed away on the 4th. Grandpa Arnell was an amazing man.
Here is his obituray which he wrote himself.

1923 ~ 2011
Lorraine Pugmire Arnell passed away October 4, 2011 in his sleep. He was born June 25, 1923 in St. Charles, Idaho son of William Stanley and Lanore Pugmire Arnell. He married Lolah Wilhelmsen on June 13, 1946 in the Logan Temple. He was a veteran of World War II. He worked for the LDS Church in the Historical Department for 27 years.
Survived by his 10 children: Miriam (John) Massey, Corinne (Dennis) Bolingbroke, Jeffry (Vickie), Jason (Terri), Catherine (Terry) Gough, Melanie (Michael) Douros, Kevin (Dannette), Merrit (LynAnn), Stuart (Jeannene), Laura (Paul) Merrill; siblings: Elwin (Aileen) and Nada Kilburn; 46 grandchildren and 60 great-grandchildren. Preceded in death by his wife, Lolah; brother, Stan; and great-grandson, Tyson.
Funeral Services will be held Monday, October 10th at 11:00 am at the Granite 8th Ward 9245 Quail Run Drive (2360 East), Sandy, UT with a viewing from 10:00 to 10:45 a.m. Viewing will be held Sunday, October 9th from 6:00 to 8:00 pm at Cannon Mortuary 2460 Bengal Blvd (7600 South), Cottonwood Heights, UT. Burial at Mountain View Memorial Estates.
He was so loving and sweet. This is a cute story I want to remember. When Mom Gough called to tell us Grandpa had passed away Emma asked who I was talking too. I told her. Then she said, "What happened". I told her that Great Grandpa Arnell went to live with Heavenly Father and Jesus. She said the sweetest words, "He can't! I love him too much".
Grandpa Arnell planned his entire funeral service and it was EXCEPTIONAL!!! We will miss you Grandpa Arnell.
Here are some pictures from the funeral. Also stole these from Rachel.
Trying to keep kids quiet
Cemetary
Kids at the luncheon
October 24-Staheli Farm
October 25-Date night. A REAL ACTUAL DATE NIGHT
Dustin and I went to dinner at 25 and Main

We had not been on a date for an entire year. It was so nice to just relax and talk with no interuptions. Thank you so much mom Gough for babysitting the kids so we could go. We LOVE you!!!
Then we went to Thriller. We love Thriller. Last year was our first year (last date night) and want to make it a tradition.
October 27-Emma's preschool Halloween party
They did a spider web
Mya got bored and went and played with some of the toys
It was so fun to have our first official school party. The class sang some songs and then had a miny parade and then had a treat. Here are the pictures.
October 27-Carving pumpkins
October 29-We had our Primary program practice in the morning and then our ward
trunk or treat in the evening. It was so crazy. It is one of our wards biggest parties of the year. I didn't get any pictures.
October 30-Primary program. I think it went well. Emma was hilarious. She got up and did her part so well. She did have both hands in her hair messing it up. During the songs she didn't face the audience because she was told to look at the choir director and she did exactly what she was asked.
October 31-Halloween
For the past 4 years on Halloween I take the kids to Grandpa Gough's school in the morning and trick or treat around the school.
Then I take them to Great Grandma Gough's (Triple G) so they can see her.
Then we get some lunch. This year was so fun. We had myself, the kids, my parents, Grandma Gough, and Triple G. It was so nice.
Snow Canyon High School is always next on the list. We trick or treat the classes there. My parents came this year and went to Dustin's classroom and watched all the kids come by. Grandma Gough also came with us.
We always end up in Dust's class and hang out until the bell rings and the High School kids leave. This year was a little different but I really liked it. Grandma Gough stayed with us in Dust's class and did puzzles with Dustin for a few hours. I worked on the blog and the kids watched a movie. VERY RELAXING. Then we ran to Grandpa and Grandma GOugh's house and Grandma fed us dinner.
We finished the night off going to a few houses in our neighborhood. I ABSOLUTLEY LOVE OUR WARD!!! We have the funnest people. Here are a few picts.
Trick or treating around Grandpa Gough's school
Some of the kids with Grandpa
My little dragon
My girls-Tinker Bell and a witch
Emma and Mya trick or treating in the neighborhood
Some of our neighbors
Brother Green-scaring lots of kids
Thaddeus would throw the body off the roof in front of the trick or treaters after the got candy at the door.
Mary as Ursula-she is the nursery leader. My kids love her
At the end of the night Jason and Kylie came by on their way to a party. They looked so cute




5 comments:
Your kiddos are sooo cute! Fun to catch up with what you guys have been up to!
I feel all sorts of caught up now! Looks like you guys had a fun summer. Your kiddlets are adorable. Wish we could have seen you guys before we left. I will have to ager with you on the lindon swimming pool. Best pool ever!
We got our Caravan from Doug Smith in AF too. That's the only place my Dad will buy vehicles. Thanks for updating this. I don't get to see you guys near enough and your kids grow so fast. They are darling!
You are a busy woman! I can't believe you've been up so many times lately and we didn't see you once!!:( Your little guy is SO cute!
You guys have been sooo busy. I am glad you are having fun though. Holden is so big and I haven't seen him yet!
I am sad we didn't get to see you when we came. We will have to come again soon. We went to The Little Mermaid while we were there and it was amazing. Loved it! We will definitely be coming back for Alladin next year.
Post a Comment