Wednesday, January 26, 2011

1st day of preschool

WOW!!! My Emma is in preschool. Two weeks ago (1/14/11) I got a call that said there was an opening and Emma could start preschool on Tuesday. I hurried and sent over the last minute paperwork they required. They called and said she needed one more immunization which is required for state funded schools. We got that done Friday afternoon and Emma was not happy. She said her little leg hurt all day.

Monday we went shopping for her backpack, shoes, and a new outfit. She was so excited but also nervous. She kept saying, "Mom, you come with me and write my name. I don't know how". That was her biggest worry about the first day. Writing her name. I kept reassuring her that she wouldn't need to write her name on the first day.

Tuesday morning she was so cute getting ready for school. She was still excited but she would say, "I not go to preschool".




I took Mya to my parents so I could take Emma in and get her settled. Her eyes lit up when she entered her classroom but wanted to make sure I wasn't going anywhere. I had to fill out some paperwork so I sat at another table while she did puzzles with her class. When I finished I told her I was going to turn in the paperwork and she begged me not to leave. I sat down with her on the rug with her class for song time. I told her again that I needed to go turn in the paperwork. She reluctantly said, "Okay". After I took the paperwork to the secretary I peeked through the window and saw that she had her back turned to the class and was not singing. I left laughing. My little Emma who does not like to conform to groups was proving me right. About 30 minutes later I got a call and panicked because I thought it was the preschool. I thought she must have had a melt down. It was Dustin. He wanted to tell me he had snuck over during his break to check on her. That made me feel so much better. He said she was happy and playing with the other kids.

When I went to get her she was so excited. The garbage man had come and talked to her class. They went outside and looked at his truck and took pictures with him. Emma loves the garbage man. On Wednesdays she watches for him to come empty our garbage. As soon as she hears his truck her and Mya have to open the door and watch and wave to him. I loved that her first day she got to meet him.

We are working on the drop off. She gets a little anxious when we pull up, but what can I say for a 3 1/2 year old. She loves it once she is there. I know it will come in time.

2 comments:

Ginger said...

Emma looks so excited in that picture. I am sure she is going to love and will want to go all the time.

That is nice that you get a little one on one time with Mya for a little bit during the day now.

Penny said...

So cute! She'll be so ready for Kindergarten.