Thought I would start with the birth of Emma.
Birth story
I went to my 35 week appointment and my doctor said I was dilated to a 3 and my water was bulging. She didn't think I would make it to the weekend. So of course as most first time mothers think, "WOW! I better make sure I am ready for this baby". That is exactly what I did. Laundry, cleaning, laundry, and more cleaning. I wanted everything to be perfect. Well it was time again for my weekly appointment and no baby had come. The night before my appointment I had a dream that when I went to the doctor I was dilated to a 5 and she accidentally broke my water. I didn't think much about it until I got to the doctor and she checked me. She said, "You are dilated to a 5, and I just accidentally broke your water". SERIOUSLY!!! Was I dreaming again or was this for real. She said let me got get a nurse. I started hyperventilating because I got so nervous. This was really happening. The nurse came in and walked us down the back hallway to Labor and Delivery. I am still in complete shock at this point. I got in the gown and they asked the million questions they ask. Then the nurse said, "Do you want to go ahead and get your epidural before the contractions start"? Of course. So the next thing I knew the anesthesiologist came in. He was incredible. Very sweet, personable, and thoughtful. He had Dustin started talking. There conversation went as follows:
Dustin: Where we could get some of those blue shoes covers
Doc: Why?
Dustin: My wife makes everyone take off their shoes and some people don't like too.
Doc: Oh I make everyone take off their shoes at my house too.
Dustin: What do you do if they say they don't want to?
Doc: I tell them the shoes come off or they don't come in.
The anesthesiologist left and a few minutes later a nurse brought us a bag full of the blue shoe covers with a hand written note that said, "Congratulations on baby Emma. From DRMC nursing staff and your anesthesiologist. We loved it.
So the waiting began for Emma to arrive. At 10:20pm after all the antibiotics were done I started pushing.
Emma Kate Gough was born at 11:48 pm
Weighting in at 7 lbs. 10 oz. and 19 inches long
7 years ago




1 comment:
Hi Charity,
I am glad you have joined the blogging world. It is a fun way to keep in touch. Emma is a cutie! You can check out our family blog at www.tysonandchristyhenrie.blogspot.com Congratulations on baby #2!
Post a Comment